How to receive e-mail notifications when issue is created and / or changes to it has been made

Paul Paskovatyi December 19, 2017

Hello

I have created the Group

Created Notification theme

Assigned that group to notification theme for all changes

Assigned new notification theme to the project.

But when I make comment in the issue / user story for this project nobody receives notifications. Please advice.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

There are a number of different places you can start.   I would recommend first checking with the notification helper utility built into Jira.  This utility can be used to help first tell us if Jira is actually expected to send a specific notification to a particular user, on a specific issue, and for a specific event type.   Try this first.  If you have some misconfiguration in the notification scheme, then this utility should tell you that.  

If that shows the user should get a notification but still does not actually receive this, then the next steps are to follow the guide Notification Troubleshooting.   This guide has a comprehensive set of steps to follow depending the scope of the notification problem.

Suggest an answer