How to realize parallel work of several employees on one task?

Арман Курманай March 4, 2016

I need to make a process, where several employees must give their conclusion on a document

Please help

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2016

There's not a lot to go on here, but there's several ways of tracking multiple inputs on a piece of work.

The usual one is to simply have each person work on the issue and assign it to someone else when the next person needs to do something.  You then use the work logs or logging fields extracting information from the history to capture who has been involved in the issue.

Or, you break it down into sub-tasks, with each sub-task being allocated to one of the employees, and you don't let the parent issue move on through the workflow until they have all closed their sub-tasks.

Or, if you have a linear stepped process where each employee has to give a conclusion in turn, you model that in the workflow. (e.g. Unapproved -> Person X approved -> Person Y approved -> Done)

Or, with a bit of code or an add-on, you can make a linear stepped workflow appear to be non-linear  (Unapproved -> X or Y has approved -> Both have approved -> Done)

Or, you add a field that lets people add their name as an approver.

Those are some ideas of how to approach it, but I don't know what your desired real-world process is, or how you would like to report on it, so I can't recommend any one of them over another.   There's probably other ways to do it as well, and it is possible to use hybrids of those approaches too.

Suggest an answer