How to query issues which are not resolved in 50 hours

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2012

Need to list all issues which took more than 50 hours to resolve.

I use Jira 4.4.5, any queries to share with me ?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2012

First, you will have to create a scripted date field that calculates the difference between createdDate and resolvedDate. Or create a calculate customfield yourself.

Once that is done, you can use it in JQL as the others already mentioned here.

I have also seen reports in marketplace which does this sort of thing, but don't remember which one. Maybe you can go through the options as well.

0 votes
Benjamin Horst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2012

Does time spent fit your needs?

It goes against Logging work on an issue if that's enabled.

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2012

Benjamin- Nop, it doesn't fit.

0 votes
Wilhelm Krüger
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2012

Sorry i just realized the first thing was wrong ;)

how about:

created < -50h AND status != Closed AND status != Resolved ORDER BY created DESC, key DESC

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2012

hmm, I think with this JQL you don't get the now closed issues that took more than 50 hours to resolve. You get only the issues that are more than 50 hours unresolved.

You would need something like "resolvedDate - creationDate > 50h", but I think, this is not possible, as far as I know.

Benjamin Horst
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2012

edit: took me to long to write this up. forget about this comment ^^

Isn't that all issues created in the last 50 hours, which are not resolved or closed?

From what I understood Vishnu wanted to find all issues that were resolved but took more than 50h before getting into resolved state.

Wilhelm Krüger
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2012

Yes, the problem ist that you cant use mathematical operators in JQL (as far as i know) so the best result would be to search for issues which are still not resolved or closed and were created for 50h or more :S

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2012

Thomas - That is what I am looking for.

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2012

Yes, you got it.

0 votes
Wilhelm Krüger
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2012

If you're using the "Time Tracking" function you just could try "timespent > 50h"

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2012

No, thats not what I am looking for.

In my situation, time spent may be 1 hour and we resolve it after 2-3 days. So, the calculation should be like Resolved > 'Created + 50 h'.

Suggest an answer