It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to query based on history or activity

Currently I want to write a query which somehow 'involved' a specific user but there is no simple way to do this. I would expect something built-in like 'updated by' or 'modified by'.

I cannot find any possibility to filter items based on history (or activity) entries either:

abc created issue - 26. Sep 2019 14:12

xyz made changes - 26. Sep 2019 14:12

I'd expect a queryable field history where I can select strongly typed elements (made changes, created issue etc.) or at least define a text based constraint like contains="made changes"

How can I achieve this?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @kzander_ 

For created you can use something like this.

creator = admin and updated > startOfDay() 

For some fields you can try something like this.

status changed by "admin" and updated > startOfDay("-1")

Usually the change history has all the information about who actually did the change and when but to search on this you would need an add-on like ScriptRunner. Take a look at this thread.

Thanks,

Ravi

Thanks for your answer.

So there is no way to do this without buying an add-on.

Will everything what can be displayed in a Jiira item be queryable with this plugin or will I end up in limitations as well?

Hi @kzander_ 

Using ScriptRunner for Jira you can look into the ChangeHistory of the issues but that is not the only thing it can do. It will help you to do extreme customisations in Jira. You can evaluate it for free though and get familiar with its features.

Ravi

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

273 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you