How to put an html link in a custom field description?

Derek Sheeman February 24, 2015

I have a Checklist custom field (using the checklist plugin) and am trying to insert a simple html link into the description of the field.  On the View Field Configuration page, the link shows up fine.  But on the Create and Edit screens, the html link displays all of the tag and link text.  Field descriptions say you can include html like any other field.

I am running JIRA server 6.3.14 and could really use a tip on this one.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 25, 2015

Hi Derek,

Sorry for the very late reply on this one. From times to times, it seems that I do not receive the questions even if I am watching the tag for my add-on.

Another customer just raised that issue to me via email yesterday. I have investigated and for security reasons HTML escaping is active on my add-on. I have fixed that problem to allow rendering HTML in the footer and it will be available in the next release of Checklist (complete revamp) which should come out in about 2 weeks.

Yves

Derek Sheeman September 25, 2015

Thanks!

1 vote
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2015

I could reproduce the issue. But it only happens when the CF is coming from this Add-On. Using a standard JIRA CF I could not.

I've added a label to this question to raise awareness to the Add-On vendor wink

Derek Sheeman February 25, 2015

Oh fun, plugin specific. Thanks for confirming it Pedro.

Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2015

You're welcome! :D

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015

Can you post your HTML that you put in your description? This works as expected in my client's JIRA instances.

Suggest an answer