How to put a Project Divided into two Project ?

Andrew July 11, 2012

I am a Jira administrator ,this time I want to put a Project Divided into two Projects according to the type of Issue ,One Project only include bug issue ,One Project only include requirement issue . Please tell me the method how to solve the question ,Thanks very much .

3 answers

0 votes
Verhás István
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2012
  1. Create the new project configured e.g only for requirements.
  2. Search for requirement issues in the "old" project
  3. In Tools select Bulk operation
  4. After selecting all requirement type issues press next
  5. Select "move" radio button to move to the new project all the requiremet issues

This will move all the requirement issues to the new requirement project and changes the key of the issues.

Andrew July 11, 2012

For verhasi and Ahmad Faisal [Atlassian] [Atlassian] ,Thank you very much ! I will try the method in company tomorrow

0 votes
Andrew July 11, 2012

Thanks for Ahmad Faisal [Atlassian] [Atlassian] ,You said create a new issue type map a new project,But Now My Project is exist . There are five Projects we use now. A project has only one Key . If I put a Project Divided into two Project ,I think the Key must be changed ,So the sticking point of solve the problem is the Key .

0 votes
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2012

Hello,

As I understand from our requirement here, we would like to have a single issue type for each project. This configuration should be possible, which is by creating a new issue types scheme, and map only a single issue type (eg: bug) to it. Steps to achieve this is described as follows:

• Go to Administration > Issue Types > Issue Types Scheme > Add New Issue Type Scheme
  • Add an issue type to the created Issue Types Scheme (in our case here, only a single issue type)
  • Create a test project. Map the project to the created issue types scheme via Administration > select the project > Issue Types > More > Actions > Use a different scheme. Select the created issue types scheme from the screen

When trying to create an issue for the test project, you may only see that only a single issue type available for the project.

Hope this helps!

Cheeers,

Ahmad

Suggest an answer