How to pull/export linked issues based on type of linking in separate columns within JIRA

Manish Gupta November 29, 2022

Hello Team,

Even though there is a parent child relation within different issuetypes in JIRA, I do not have a way to identify the % completion of an Epic / Feature / Story / Sub-Task / Test Case / Bugs.... 

i.e. if an EPIC has say 10 Features and each of those features have 5 Stories linked and each story has some sub tasks and test cases linked and bugs present. Now when bugs closes under a test case / sub task we need to know the completion % of that activity?

is there a way to highlight the progress % completed for stories tagged with a specific FIX Version / Labels

If not... then I would like to pull the list of different type of issues linked to a given parent issuetype with the details on type of linking. Say - associated with / Raid of  / has Bug / and all possible linking options. separately.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Manish Gupta a third-party app like Structure has a Progress Column available that aggregates issue progress based on time tracking, resolution, status or a custom percentage field.

Manish Gupta November 29, 2022

@Dave Mathijs  thanks a lot for the response. Unfortunately, I don't have the privilege to go to external sources for my requirement. So, is there anything JIRA can do within its own limits?

Thanks,

Manish

Suggest an answer