How to provide very very limited admin rights in Jira.

sanan sanan April 12, 2018

Hi,

To be very precise, I want to let all my users in Jira to be able to see (read-only) all the workflows. 

I need this so that anyone requesting a new project can see which workflow will fit his requirement before blindly deciding to get a new workflow type.

any ideas, please.

Regards

sanan

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2018

There's no way to do this, unless you were to build a project that has one issue type per workflow, and allow everyone to use "view workflow" on a set of single issues in it,

Your best option is to document your workflows externally.  Most of us probably use Confluence to do that (I cheat a bit more and use scripts that my colleagues have built to drag workflows out of Jira and convert them into Smartdraw diagrams)

sanan sanan April 12, 2018

Hey Nic, the champ....

I am just going to stop now saying thanks to you every time... If I am in your place (god forgive for saying this), I would be bored now receiving so many thanks.... :) 

As a matter of fact, Confluence is where I am writing guidelines on how to request for a new Jira project. and that would be even better that user viewing it can easily see the workflows there itself. Can you give some headups on how to script fetching workflows diagram from jira into Confluence. Our Conf and Jira are integrated. 

Regards

sanan

Suggest an answer