How to protect some issue's fields (priority, version etc.) from editing by assignees?

Николай Соколов April 1, 2015

Hi all!

I want to protect some issue's fields (priority, version etc.) from editing by assignees.

How to do that?

I feel it relates to "permissions" area, but could not find to do that in particular.

Thanks in advance for ansawers.

Regards, Nicholas

3 answers

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2015

If you have edit permission you can edit all fields that are on the edit screen. So there is no solution via permissions. You have some options though

1. Use the Field Security Plugin from quisapps. There you can set field permissions.
  2. Remove the fields from edit screen. Add circular transitions to each status, add a screen with these fields to these transitions and add a condition that only people in a certain role can execute these transitions. So these people can change those fileds via these transitions but others can not.
0 votes
Николай Соколов April 1, 2015

Thanks, guys, for quick responses.

Udo, sorry for my stupidity - "Use the Field Security Plugin from quisapps" - where "quisapps" are available?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2015
0 votes
ahmet tetik April 1, 2015

Hello,

Permissons Issue Editing.

But if You are visible custom field then congiration field add.

Suggest an answer