How to properly archive Jira project

Mathieu Ackermann January 8, 2018

Hello,

I have tried to apply the method described here to archive a project online (applying an empty permission scheme). However, the project still appears in the project list of administrators, although they cannot access its issues. Is there a way to remove it from this list completely?

Kind Regards,

Mathieu Ackermann

6 answers

7 votes
Mathieu Ackermann January 10, 2018

Thanks. However, I can still see the project in the "Browse projects" list, which is quite annoying because the list gets crowded. Furthermore, when I click the name of the project, I get a page saying that the content of the project cannot be accessed, so it sounds like a bug to me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2018

There's a bug on Cloud doing that at the moment, I don't know if it has made its way on to Server yet.  Users who can't browse projects get to see them in the main list.  It's rather an obvious bug, I don't know how Atlassian missed it.

Laura McKellar January 28, 2018

Does anyone know if atlassian are working on this bug, its really annoying?

Zane March 15, 2018

Third.  Is this issue actively being worked?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2018

See Amanda's answer.

Zane March 15, 2018

I saw that after I made the comment.  I voted for and watched https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-68228 

Thank you!

6 votes
Amanda Allen January 29, 2018

I contacted support; Atlassian are now aware of the issue (sounds like the documented method broke with the recent UI update), and it has been raised as a feature request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-68228

They've also recommended voting on the case to show that there's interest in it.

Janet Ward January 29, 2018

Thanks Amanda

4 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2018

By definition, an admin needs to be able to get to the administration section of a project, whatever state it is in, or they can't do their job.

You should find they can't see the project anywhere else, but admins need at least the admin section.

2 votes
Janet Ward January 28, 2018

+2 to this question - I've got the same problem too.  Has anyone found out how to fix it yet?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2018

You need to wait for Atlassian to fix it on Cloud, and hide the projects when they're secured.

Janet Ward January 29, 2018

Thanks Nic

1 vote
Tracy Bartella-Metell March 27, 2018

Another +1, I like a tidy list of projects. It's so helpful to only see what is relevant! 

Keep the upvotes going!!

0 votes
Neil GImon February 13, 2020

I was checking to see if there has been an update on this?   We are looking to properly archive projects and be able to research them if needed

Suggest an answer