How to prioritize tickets that are all set to High Priority?

Shariq Ahmad February 11, 2016

Hi,

I foresee many tickets to be opened that are all set as a High Priority. In JIRA Service Desk how can I prioritize these tickets further? Can I drag and drop tickets and rank them in a queue?

Looking forward to your response!

Thanks,

Shariq

3 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2016

You can also use internal custom fields to set developer priority and then sort the queues (and set SLAs) based on that. Depends on whether you want the customers to keep in the loop!

Shoaib Shaikh August 22, 2018

Was wondering what custom field to use to get unique values?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2018

You can use a select list with unique options.

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2016

Like what they said, "If everything is a priority... nothing is". Just like what Joe said, let your team decide and downgrade some of them to re-order them properly.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2016

First you may want to look at the criteria for the priorities. If you rely on the users everything will be high.

Suggest an answer