How to prevent reassignment to the Default Assignee

Steve Larsen July 18, 2013

I have a project that is configured for a helpdesk type situation. The Default Assignee is the account users email to create tickets. Tickets are then tiraged and assigned to individuals. I want to then limit any JIRA user to be able to reassign it back to the Default Assignee. What is the easiers and best way to do this?

Is this a viable option? Are there others?
https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JBHV/JIRA+Behaviours+Plugin

3 answers

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2013

Hi,

you can restrict using the permission scheme of a project,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

read the above link, where you can restrict assign issues using the permission scheme itself.

check the section in the link

Issue Permissions under that -> assign Issues

Hope this Helps!

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2013

Hi,

Then try to hide the assign button, which you can see in a issue using javascript, If you want to hide it fully you can use this or else add some conditions before hiding.Thanks.Hope this Helps!

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e,context) 
  $('#assignButtonId').hide(); }); });

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2013

i am not sure about behaviour plugin but you can restrict assign action to user or group using workflow properties

jira.permission.assign.user=username
jira.permission.assign.group=group
jira.permission.assign.projectrole=10010(project role id)

make sure that these members should have assign permission will be there on permission scheme

Suggest an answer