How to prevent email notifications from getting quarantined by McAfee?

William Chin November 27, 2012

We are using the OnDemand version of JIRA and all the email notifications are getting quarantined by McAfee on our corporate email servers. Each user can individually whitelist the sender but that whitelist entry only last for 1 month. When I requested that it be globally whitelist, corporate IT said that it was against policy and that the site had to increase it's McAfee score.

Anyone know how to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

Hi William,

Actually if you are using the latest McAfee, yes, it's quarantined all the emails coming from SMTP port 25 and that what OnDemand is using to send the emails.

However, to fix this, you may take a look at this page perhaps might help:

Regards,

Omar

William Chin December 2, 2012

Thanks for your quick response.

I'm not sure it has to do with Port 25 as Fogbugz also used port 25 to send email and we had no problems with those emails.

I did notice in the General Configuration the option for Exclude email header "Precedence: bulk"

I just turned it ON and will be testing it.

Also we typically get no support from corporate IT about exception to what they deem is neccessary in their rules for network securities.

William Chin December 2, 2012

Turning on the option for Exclude email header "Precedence: bulk" did fix my problem.

Suggest an answer