How to prevent changing the assignee field to "unassigned"?

Greg Ananev January 27, 2015

Hello there!

Guys, I need to prevent changing the assignee field to "unassigned" from View and Edit screen.
I mean I might be able change the assignee to some person, but not to unassigned.

It should be project-specific option.

Could you help me? Thanks ahead!

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2015

There is a Instance-level ability to do so: Administration > System > Allow unassigned issues.

Otherwise, you could use workflow validators & post-functions to make sure during transitions this isn't changed.

Another suggestion - you could use "generic" users instead to be auto-assigned. This will help prevent users from editing Assignee field.

Greg Ananev January 28, 2015

Unfortunately, these solutions does not fit. Maybe there are any custom scripts to verify this condition? (I mean scripts for "script type" workflow conditions)

paps eddy May 31, 2018

thanks for help @Peter Bengovits works for me.. 

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2018

Happy to hear, paps

Feel free to upvote the answer, for future generations :) 

Suggest an answer