How to prevent JIRA from adding a resolution when I add a fix version?

Teal Nissley June 8, 2015

JIRA automatically sets Resolution = Fixed when I add a fix version. I don't want setting the fix version to update the resolution.

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2015

Your "edit" screen has the resolution on it.  Remove it immediately, as it's damaging your issues.  Resolution should never be put on a create or edit screen.

how else can I edit the resolution? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2015

1. Don't - it shouldn't be needed in the overwhelming majority of cases. If you're doing it a lot, there's something suspect in your process 2. Officially, reopen the issue, your workflow should clear a resolution when that happens because the implication is "something more needs doing" 3. Add a transition from resolved to resolved, closed to closed and any other status you need - put the resolution on the transition screen and you'll be able to edit it during the looped transitions

0 votes

Hey Clarissa,

I'm not touching the status so I'm not using any of our workflows.

I'm using a saved filter, hitting 'e' to edit the issue, and then adding or changing the fix version. 

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2015

Hi Teal,

Does this happen when you transition an issue from one step to another one? The reason I ask is because it seems there's a post function setting the resolution when the transition is executed.

Please take a look at your workflow and make sure that's not the case.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Suggest an answer