How to prepackage obr files in jira and confluence?

Michael Wenig November 18, 2012

Hi all,

we have an automated deployment process where we package jira along with all needed plugins and confluence along with all needed plugins.

This package is then deployed to the various stages so we have a clean setup on every box.

We now recognized that more and more plugins are provided as .obr files which are intendend to be installed via UPM. The UPM way is not possible at our site as the servers do not have internet access and we want/have to follow the prepacke-way.

The question now is:

How can we bundle these plugins? (We are able to do steps in the initial build of the package like unpacking files, repacking or whatever needed) but we have to get out one package which is the same for every stage and which contains all the bundles needed.

Can anyone help us please?

1 answer

0 votes
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2012

Hi There,

To bundle the plugins into Confluence is not possible, this kind of task is "hard-coded" in Confluence. To this kind of environment that you described I would try to download the needed plugins and create a kind of zip file with them and so perform an install at your stages, this is the approach that we follow when we need to install multiple environments and with specific plugins in each one. I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

LJ.

Michael Wenig November 25, 2012

Hi LJ,

as far as I understand creating a zip would mean to first install a blank confluence/jira und the use the zip to manually install the plugins after the start of the system?

That would mean

• manual action required
  • there is a timespan where no plugins are installed - does this have any consequences?

Did I miss the point?

If you have further information I would be interested in the reason why this previously perfectly working task has been removed and why there is no replacement (I think it should be easy to add support for e.g. a drop in folder). And I think this kind of prepacked setup is quite popular.

Regards

Michael

Suggest an answer