How to populate drop down list through CSV file

Milap Jani November 6, 2013

Hi,

I am importing to JIRA through csv file. I have some fields in csv that i want to migrate to JIRA as a drop down in custom field (which i have created). But in "set up field mapping" screen i can see only my created custom field not drop down list. Is there any way to do it?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2013

you have two possibilities:

If you want to have the values which are currently in your csv file as values in your select list, just import the issue and the values will be added to your select list (don't map this field).

If you want to map your old values to new ones, you will first have to add the new values to the select list and then map the old values to the new ones while importing the csv file

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2013

I'm not at a system now, but there is an option when importing to create new values in a select list. It may just be for system fields.

Milap Jani November 7, 2013

Hi Joe Pitt,

Thanks for answer. Yes for system firld it is true. But my question was for custom filed which i have created for migration of some fields in to it. Those can i map?

-Milap

Suggest an answer