How to populate Jira user picker with users who have certain criteria?

ctbto June 15, 2017

I am migrating legacy system to Jira and one of the last issues to solve is following:  

1. There is single list custom field called Location with 300 distinct values.
  2. Users have defined roles for each location. For example user John has role A for several locations like loc1,loc2 etc.  This data are currently saved in the user properties where key is defining role and comma separated list is list of the locations.
  3. Now I need to have user picker on one of the screens with the corresponding list of all roles for that location. For example if the value of Location custom field is loc1 I will have something like this: Role A - John Role B - Jim

I do not see how I can do this even with Behaviours and Script runner plugin. I am open for any suggestions. PS. Components I can not use because it is still dependant on location.  

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2017

Hi Dorde.

This is possible using conditional selects. I recently answered a question about this here

If it doesn't help, please give me a concrete example of the fields and data that you would be using in order to carry this out and I will try to demo this.

Cheers!

Dyelamos

Suggest an answer