How to plot the number of issues against time ?

BarthélémyH January 22, 2012

Hello,

I would like to see on my dashboard a plot showing the number of issues (from a filter per instance) versus time. The idea being to see the evolution over time of the number of open issues for a project or something similar.

How would you do that ?

Thank you

Barth

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2012

Use the "created vs resolved" gadget. Red line = created issues, green = resolved.

I know it might not be quite what you need, if not, then you'll need to write something similar.

indeed, it is not really what I need. How do I "write something similar" ?

Do you mean that I should write a plugin ? is there any easy way to make a new type of chart or plot ?

Thank you !

I have a commercial license. Thank you very much for your help. Regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2012

Yes, you need to write a plugin that will provide a new report and/or gadget to do your reporting. If you've got access to the Jira source code (i.e. a commercial license), I suspect the created vs resolved gadget would be an excellent starting point.

Quinn Hawkins November 29, 2012

If you did create this an are able to share it, I'd love to reuse it.

0 votes
Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2012

Please try eazyBI reports and charts plugin for JIRA which allows you to create custom reports and charts from your JIRA data. You will get default "Sample created vs resolved issues" chart there as well which you can easily customize and save for your own needs. And if needed you can publish eazyBI reports and charts also as JIRA dashboard gadgets.