How to perform two way Synchronization of two jira Instance

Anand Kumar Singh June 30, 2013

Hi

I have two jira instances , consider jira 1 ad jira 2. If user of jira1 creates an issue,Then this Issue should be created For both Intances and both jira1&2 should be able to view and perform operations on the issue similarly vice-versa.and if we perform changes in jira 1 issues then this changes should be also reflect in jira2.

Is this type of synchronization possible in jira ?.If possible then How can we do This ?

4 answers

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2013

Yes, it's possible (and we did it up to a point) An example (pretty old) is here: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/KB/2013/03/13/JIRA+-+Creating+issues+remotely. However, you need to script it very carefully, and there's a lot of work involved in this ....

1 vote
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2013

It is not possible to carry over changes on issues between instances in the way as you have described above. I have to admit though, that I also do not see the use setting up such a configuration. If you could explain why you want to set up such a configuration, there might be another path to your goal.

0 votes
John Petterson May 12, 2016

I have a need to allow a third party to access a subset of my JIRA database, and I want to create a separate instance to duplicate that subset of data to limit my security exposure.  Is there a way to synchronize this data?

0 votes
Anand Kumar Singh June 30, 2013

Actually ,I want to Synchronize Jira Project between Two Jira instance .

Suggest an answer