How to perform instring Label search in JIRA?

Saurav Kumar Maharana September 13, 2022

Team is using UATRequired Label in the story to identify stories that require testing. However, few of them either misspell required or just write UAT. I want to perform an instring search to find the stories that use Label as UAT and the results should show me if any story has the word UAT i.e., show me results for UATRequired, UATRequire, UAT, UAT Required, etc.

<Project filter> AND labels = UATRequired is what I am using currently but I actually want to use just UAT to do an instring search. what is the operator to be used. I tried below but error message is displayed

<Project filter> AND labels ~ "UAT"

1 answer

0 votes
Ashish A_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

The default Labels field of JIRA doesn't support the "~" operator so I would suggest you create a custom field and while creating select "Free Text Searcher" in the Search Template field. Then you are able to use the "~" operator for your search purpose to it

or simply you can create a required custom field "isUATRequired" of Radio Buttons with options "Yes", and "No". In this way, you can restrict your team members will be restricted to do the mentioned mistake and your search will be easier.

Suggest an answer