How to perform Inline Edit Validation?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

Hi,

I have a requirement to validate Inline Edit System Fields and Custom Fields for any Jira version till released.

How can we achieve this either changing core code or not changing(i.e. by using custom plugin).

Thanks,

Bharadwaj Jannu

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2013

Hi Prasad,

I read the discussion in the above link, but many are trying to implement inline-edit disabling.

Instead I want to perform inline validation on customfields as jira performs on system fields.

Eg: If a required field(like Reporter) is null, jira throws a "Reporter is required" Validation error under the field itself.

Similarly I want to perform validations using any custom plugin(if possible to implement).

Thanks,

Bharadwaj Jannu

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2013

Suggest an answer