How to override an workflow through import?

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2015

I would like to override a costumised workflow on our test system by the latest, compatible version on our live system. Though, it seems not possible to replace it.

But even importing the updated workflow in parallel, planning to replace it manually, the import wants also to create copies of the screens, even not changed.

The matter could be easy, but unfortunately it isn't.

Any help here? Thanks a lot !! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2015

Correct, you can't overwrite them, only create a new one from the import and migrate over to it.  The import will create new screen copies, and yes, I'm afraid you'll have to put them back.

The other option is to delete the workflow you want to overwrite.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2015

Delete is not an option, because it won't make the work easier. My expectation was, to create a draft of the workflow and then override it. But thanks to confirm, it doesn't work.

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2015

This suggestion was just created by Atlassian Support: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44303

Suggest an answer