How to opt out of the New JIRA Experience?

Bill Somerville September 20, 2017

I figure it's probably inevitable because we're cloud customers, but the New Experience UI is truly sad.  Even our UI/UX guy thinks it's missing things.

1. Where did my company branding go?
  2. How do I navigate to boards, etc. with no menus?
  3. Why are boards now only available in the context of a single project?  We have lots of cross-project boards.

I first saw this on a Confluence cloud site, and hoped it wouldn't make its way into JIRA, but clearly it's coming.  I'm at a loss as to why this is an improvement.

Bring back menus.  They work.  We don't need two navigation bars on the side.

3 answers

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

Click your avatar in the bottom left corner and click 'turn off for now':

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 18.28.40.png

"Turn off for now"

I want to opt out permanently.  At least, until the new UI isn't such junk.  I have 35 or so users, and I wouldn't foist this upon them.

Thanks for the reply, though.

And yes, I've already turned it off and given feedback.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

Hi @Bill Somerville,

I'm not Atlassian, just a friendly guy trying to help you on how to turn off the design. The link is just called the way it is :-).

Thx for giving feedback though, you triggered me to do the same thing.

@Walter Buggenhout: Sorry if I sounded like I was shooting the messenger - I do appreciate the reply.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2017

No problem :-) - Feedback appreciated!

Deleted user September 29, 2017

"Turn off for now" has been removed and me and my team are still massively unsatisfied and annoyed with the update. Any tips?

0 votes
Anthony Latona December 21, 2018

Same here - We're getting non stop "where did this button go" questions.  I wonder if this was tested at all... it's so clunky.  I wish we could opt out entirely.

0 votes
Anne Orton October 12, 2017

As a JIRA administrator and user I can only agree with all of the above and also would like to be able to opt out permanently! 

Suggest an answer