How to open a screen?

alexandrajurj April 7, 2017

I have created a new screen for create project, but how can I open it when clicking on Create Project? Or is there any posibily to edit the default create project screen?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2017

Hi Alexandra,

no, I think you can't. 

As I told you yesterday, there are some plugins mentioned in that issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-1991

which might help you adding fields to projects.

Why do you want to change the default create project screen? Maybe we can help you, if you tell us the reason for your question.

alexandrajurj April 7, 2017

I want to add more fields, like a date picker for the deadline of project

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2017

That's a good definition, but it does give us another layer to talk about.

Projects have a set list of defining fields - Key, summary, description, project lead, etc.  Your deadline field is not one of them.

There is no support for adding more fields to the project headers, the code simply isn't there.  You will need to write code to add such fields, or find an add-on that does it, such as "Pro fields", then move on to changing the project create screens.

alexandrajurj April 9, 2017

Hello, I changed my idea and if I can't change that screen I have created a new one and now I don't know how to open it when I click on my menu item. Can you help me?

0 votes
Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2017

If you want to change the screens that are associated with an issue type, that gets somewhat more tricky, but it is possible and is done within the Administration section under Issue type screen schemes and Screen schemes.  Atlassian documentation for this is found here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/associating-a-screen-with-an-issue-operation-802592588.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/associating-screen-and-issue-operation-mappings-with-an-issue-type-802592604.html

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2017

Hi Kimberly,

I think, Alexandra wants a custom screen for creating a project, not an issue. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2017

Thomas,

Thanks for clarifying, I would have to say that you are correct then, in that it isn't possible to create a custom create project screen.  

The line about wanting to add a date picker field, made me want to think that maybe Alexandra had used the wrong terms and meant issue rather than project.   

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2017

Hi Alexandra,

These instruction make an assumption that you are on Server and at least 7.1.  They may work for Cloud or other versions, but I cannot verify that.

You can add more fields to a screen, like a data picker.  You have to create or make sure you have a field that you want to use first.  Check you Custom fields and see if you already have one, and then you can configure the screen you use for Create.  

Go into your project administration area.  Select Screens from the left menu, look at the issue type you want to add the field to.  There will be a pencil to the far right, click on that and then click on the link listed under screen.  It will bring up a list of fields that are associated with that screen.  Add your field in Select Field box
Configure Screen2.PNG

Once you have done that you can test it by creating a new issue from the Create button within the project.  There is a button called Configure Fields.  You can check fields to be displayed in the form, if they are added to the screen.

Configure Fields.PNG

It also has a 'Where is my Field' option to help you figure out why your filed might not be showing up

I hope I understood your question correctly and that this was helpful.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2017

You will need to hack the code in JIRA in order to replace the project creation screen.

This does beg the question "why?".  Why are you trying to change the project create screen?  I ask because there are several other answers we could give you for a number of cases, but we don't know what you're trying to do so we can't select any to talk about.

Suggest an answer