It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to obtain Lead Time and Cycle Time from Jira API

I need to retrieve Lead Time and Cycle Time from Jira Issues, to make my own personalized dashboard.

I'm using the "search" resource, with jql query, but I can't find the "start date" field.

How to obtain this metric using the Jira API?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Luciano,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
I saw that you created a ticket with our support related to the same question, so to avoid any possible misunderstandings or miscommunication that may arise from discussing the same matter in two different platforms, let's focus on the ticket instead.
Feel free to share the resolution here once the ticket is closed, so we can help other community members that may have the same question.

Regards,
Angélica

Is there a gadget we can use to show the cycle time of each issue? We are using Kanban and need this to report out the metrics in dashboard asap

Hi Raj,

Currently, there is no gadget for Cycle time. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-9012
Please, click on vote and watch in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

Regards,
Angélica

Hi @Luciano Vaz 

Now is available the solution for Jira Cloud users - Time Between Statuses.
This new app helps you to get the Cycle and Lead Time of your Jira issues.
Our users can set the start/stop/pause timer preferences and highlight overdue issues by setting time limits.

More information read at the Atlassian marketplace or at the documentation.

Hope it helps

Guys, 

is it solved? anyone started using Lead time in JIRA?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you