How to notify with a custom event?

Santiago March 11, 2013

I need an issuetype to have its own notification in a scheme.

I created a new event, using the generic template

then added the people i want to get notified in that event in the scheme

Finally I modified the workflow. In the post-function of the transition i changed "trigger a generic event" to trigger the event i created

but im not getting any email... what am i missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

Are you testing the modifications yourself and you have chosen not to "notify for own changes" under your profile?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

If both of you are testing your own changes, that might be the issue. If not, check the logs. Config looks okay.

Santiago March 11, 2013

i did not know of that feature, but im testing it myself and a colleague and none of us is getting the email

Santiago March 12, 2013

how do i check the logs, and what should i be looking at regarding email sending or being blocked?

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2013

To extend @Jobin answer: You have to go to your profile setttings and see in Preferences section if you have the option My Changes on "Notify my Own changes", that could be the problem.

Just to make sure check if the Workflow is already published.

Suggest an answer