How to move tickets back from in progress back to do queue?

Cognitive Systems Administration February 11, 2019

How to move tickets back from in progress to to do queue.

Currently the way JIRA is setup is that once a ticket is in progress we can not move it back to the "To Do" queue, unless the ticket is assigned to you.  We would like it where any user will be able to move tickets from the "In Progress" queue back to the "To Do" queue. Even if the ticket is not assigned to them.  We are using Kanban.  How would you go about setting this up?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2019

There needs to be a transition between the statuses the user can execute. 

I rephrased the question.  Any help would be great and like always thanks in advance.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2019

If the assigned user can move it the the transition has a condition  on it. I normally protect all transitions to assignee only or project lead.  It is my opinion no one should be moving an issue through the workflow that doesn't belong to them. the easy solution is have the user assign it to themselves and and move the issue.  The other solution is have the JIRA administrator remove the condition on the workflow. 

Hey Joseph thats actually a good idea.  Thanks for the info.

Hey I have another question if you don't mind me asking.  What needs to be done if I am trying to make a project visible in a different project in a Kanban?

Thanks in advance...  

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2019

I haven't used Kanban, but you can't see projects if you don't have at least browse permission. 

Please accept my answer if it fixes your issue

Ok if not in Kanban how do i make this happen?

Thanks

Suggest an answer