How to move the "Acceptance Criteria" field below the "Description" field in the issue detail view

Balaji Madana December 28, 2017

Currently, the "Acceptance Criteria" field is listed above the "Description" field.  All the users are taken back and feel uncomfortable to see the acceptance criteria before the description field.

Thank you

5 answers

2 votes
Marc_Wilding October 16, 2018

Are there any plans to change this? It is a big inconvenience to have the acceptance criteria above the description. Is there any reason why set fields are in set orders? We are in the process of implementing SCRUM. We have been using Jira for some years, but now we need t tailor the story view to encourage the team to enter the correct data for each story. Things like this make that a harder task.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2017

That's the standard full issue view.

To move the fields around in there (other than the order in which some custom fields appear in the custom field area), you need to hack the core code that draws the screen

Elle Hadshar March 28, 2018

Hi Nic,

Do you have any guidance on how to hack it?

Thanks

Elle

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2018

You would need to download the source code of Jira, find the modules that render the issue view, amend them so that they understand they need to move your field, recompile (at least that module) and redeploy

You'll be unsupported, and have to repeat this on every upgrade.  I cannot recommend doing it.

Elle Hadshar March 28, 2018

Thanks Nic, thats really useful. Totally agree, doesn't sound like a good move. 

0 votes
dhiman1985 January 10, 2018

Perhaps from the browser, you can hack the code and make suitable changes, however, it's not permanent.

Balaji Madana January 15, 2018

Thanking everyone for the response.

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

Hi!

As Nic said, there's no way to achieve this from the UI

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2017

Balaji, You can drag and drop up and down the field to the desired order from the Issue Detail View option at Board Settings

Gaston,

The issue detail view allows me to move the field within the section called "General Fields". 

I want the "Acceptance Criteria" field to be listed below the Description field.  Secondly, the "Description" field is not listed in the issue detail view.

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2017

Bajali, can you send me an screenshot and let me know the jira version?

thanks!

Gaston,

The version is 6.4.5

kai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2017

@Balaji Madana – are you using the new issue view on the board and the backlog as described on https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html ?

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2017

@kai, is using 6.4.5, maybe it's using the classic issue detail view.

@Balaji Madana, are you refering to the standard view issue screen when you access the issue?

To order those fields you need to edit the screen designated as the view screen for that issue type on that project.

This can be done from the project administation, selecting the issue type screen scheme and then follow the link to the screen scheme and finally the view issue screen:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/associating-screen-and-issue-operation-mappings-with-an-issue-type-720412215.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/defining-a-project-720412409.html

Once you enter the screen configuration you can drag and drop the fields to reorder

Balaji Madana December 29, 2017

Kai - I am not using the new issue view.

Gaston - It is the issue view screen comes as shown below

Like Tracy Smallwood likes this
Balaji Madana December 29, 2017

@Gaston Valente

If you look at the image, the "Acceptance Criteria" field is in the details section.  I would like to see it under the description section.

Like Tracy Smallwood likes this

Suggest an answer