How to move issues from one project to another (using script runner or somethink like this)

Alexander Bykov May 21, 2013

Hello.

We need to create special type of issues in project A which should be moved to another project B without having permissions to create issues in project B. This action can be post finction or listener.

Are there any methods to do this operation?

I tried Minyaa workflow post function, but it use permission schema and I must have permissions to create in project B.

I suppose Script Runner could help, but Im not sure.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2013

It simply won't work. You're trying to break the permissions model, and to do that, you need to code in the core of Jira. I'm not sure that even the script runner can get around it.

I'd forget this approach and simply set up your "move" script/code so that it uses a user who does have permission to create in project B.

Alexander Bykov May 21, 2013

Thank you for the answer. Im agree that it brakes model, however jira is flexible system :-) For example, I can create transition which will set user as assignee, but he does not have permissions to be assignee.

Does Listener have abilities to move issue on behalf of system user who has permission or any other method?

It crucial moment for our system to create workflow between projects. Are there possible exist any other ways to do so in CLI or system level?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2013

Yes, and because you're breaking the security, you can't expect things to simply work without making code changes to change that model.

The most simple solution is still "use a user who can create issues". Listeners can be written to use a different user, if I've read it right, so yes.

Suggest an answer