How to move a component in the component-structure?

GERGELY MOLNAR January 16, 2018

I was not able to find any topic about moving components.

Only deleting component, or moving issues.

It would be helpful in case of have to reorganize the component-structure 

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

Hello,

The Components field is just a field. You can not move it but you can assign a new value to the field. What do you mean by moving components?

e.g. I have an existing structure like:

-comp1

-comp2

-comp3

-comp4

now I decide to create 2 higher level componenets and want to move the comp1/2 under compA, while comp3/4 under compB...

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

You can not create a hierarchy out of the Components field. We are talking about the Components field, are not we?

sorry, I'm new... 

I have to check the topic again not to disturb you and others with probably stupid questions...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

Components don't work that way, they are a flat layer.  There is no nesting.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

No harm in asking if you can't find something!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2018

Yes, I can just repeat Nic's words: No harm in asking if you can't find something! It is ok if you ask. No problem with it.

GERGELY MOLNAR January 17, 2018

ok, thx, if only flat-structure then clear... ;-)

Suggest an answer