How to move JIRA software from Physical machine to Amazon cloud ?

Kola Vikram September 26, 2016

Hi,

We are planning to move our JIRA server software application to Amazon cloud space from physical desktop.

Please let us know the process, database movement  and licensing changes.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hemant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2016

Hi,

Steps for migration.

Approach -1 

1. Take a full xml dump from your source JIRA 
  2. Setup the JIRA in AWS  with DB(On AWS RDS or your new any other DB)
  3. Import xml dump into AWS jira.

Approach -2

1. you can setup JIRA on AWS and point that instance to existing DB

Once you setup the new JIRA instance into AWS, then new server id  will generate and you need new license.

Thanks,

Hemant

Kola Vikram September 27, 2016

Thanks Hemant

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2020

Hi @Kola Vikram,

Depending in your expertise in these issues, you may want to work with an Atlassian Partner on this type of project. Feel free to ping me if you need this kind of help.

Thanks,
Boris

0 votes
Emily Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hi @Kola Vikram and Community!

We've just built the beta of a solution to help ease migrations from Server/Data-Center-on-prem to Data-Center-on-AWS-Quickstarts.

Would you be interested to join our beta program and try out this solution? If you're interested, or would like to find out more, please email me at echan@atlassian.com. 

Tony February 3, 2020

Yes.  Where are you at in the beta process?

Like Emily Chan likes this
Anand Dandikar February 11, 2020

Hey Emily, we are also considering to move our on-prem Jira Software, Service Desk and Confluence to AWS. I will send an email to you, if you could please respond.

Thanks,

Anand

Murilo Longarai February 26, 2020

Hi @Emily Chan ,

Could you send me this guide also? I'm really interested.

Thanks!

Emily Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2020

@Murilo Longarai Hi Murilo could you please email me at echan@atlassian.com 

Like Murilo Longarai likes this
Faisal Shamim January 17, 2021

@echan  Can you please email me doc to setup Atlassian from server to AWS  , How to setup AWS RDS , Can you please email me at fshamim2012@gmail.com - Thx

Delbert Miller June 15, 2021

Hi, we need to move from an on prem server to RDS.  Can someone share what they had to do?

Suggest an answer