How to modify the JIRA mail sender's name

yuan xingyang February 6, 2012

JIRA MAIL default the sender form is xxxx@gmail.com;I want the recipient to see the sender is the "JIRA Server";What solution can be.

Thanks!

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

In general configuration section of Jira , you have 'EMAIL FROM'.

here you can put ${fullname}

1 vote
Mathiyalagan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2015

Hi All,

Could please any one help me to fix this issues.

We have changed email server and updated outgoing email config. After this changes all emails not adding user fullname at prefix of emails sender but my instance "Email From" is remains same "${fullname} (JIRA)"

Old: Mike Nike (JIRA)[jira@xx.com]

new:jira<jira@xxx.com>

guillaume michaud September 20, 2017

I had this problem too.
in System, Outgoing Mail, changes the From address to an address not known in the office address book

Like Ivan Kulchytskyi likes this
1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2012

You can change these things in Administration-->Outgoing Mail Servers

Just type "g+g" when you are in the Administration Tab and search for Mail

Cheers,
Christian

yuan xingyang February 7, 2012

Hi Christian

Thank you for your answer,but not the answer I wanted.Is the name of the sender that I want is "JIRA Server",not the message subject is "JIRA Server".For example

sender subject .......

JIRA Server ...... .......

Like Tat'yana likes this
0 votes
guillaume michaud September 20, 2017

it's been 5 years but I've had this problem also lately.
in System, Outgoing Mail, changes the From address to an address not known in your office address book

after that in system, settings, Email From will display the right thing $ {fullname} or $ {email}

0 votes
Keith Howard June 10, 2013

Ours is formatted as ${fullname} (JIRA).
It's been sending emails as User Name (Jira) as long as we've had it and suddenly it's only sending them as Jira.

Should I try re-entering the formatting. Does it matter if it's entered as ${fullname} or can I just say $fullname (JIRA) ?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2012

Hi,

have you tried editing the "Email from" paramerter in General Configuration?

Specifies the From: header format in notification emails. Default is of the form "John Doe (JIRA) <jira@company.com>". Available variables are '${fullname}', '${email}' and '${email.hostname}'. Note that the actual address (e.g. 'jira@company.com') cannot be specified here - it is determined by the mail server or individual project configuration.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA+Options

Hi Christian

I have been trying to set ${email.hostname}and ${email},but no results.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2012

What do you mean with no results, what does the email you are getting look like? I thought you might just want to add something like (Your Company JIRA server) or replace the $fullname with (JIRA Server).

Hi

No results mean is that mail does not seem to any changes,and I have been using the string "JIRA Server" to replace the $fullname,the mail still does not any changes!

Thanks!

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2012

Odd, I just replaced the $fullname with "JIRA Server" and I got the right header

anfield leung April 16, 2015

Is it possible to change the name dynamically with the actual address? e.g. ABC <abc@xxx.com>, XYZ <xyz@xxx.com> ?

Scott Kerr November 3, 2015

What's the answer for 6.4? I tried setting the prefix to '${fullname} (JIRA)' (no quotes) and it came back '{$fullname} (JIRA)' (no quotes), instead of using the currently logged in user name.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2012

You can change these things in the Administration-->Outgoing Mail Servers

Suggest an answer