How to modify reporter's issues

hrzadnn October 16, 2014

Hi,

I know it's a silly question but I can find neither the answer nor the documentation.

FYI: I do already have the permission to modify reporter, edit issues and even administer projects. But though I can't do it with bulk issues. It says: "NOTE: You do not have permission to edit the selected 167 issues or at least one issue has a status that forbids editing."

Can someone help me, please?

Thank you very much!

Cheers,

H

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2014

I think one or more Issues in the process definition limits the modification operations 

You can try to find a closed Issue, look to whether can modify alone 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2014

To explain that, it is possible to put a property on a status in a workflow that says "do not allow edit when in this status". Oliver suspects you have one or more issues in your filter that are in such a status. The default JIRA workflow has it set on the status "Closed", it's worth a look if it's causing you issues. The other thing to try is running the same filter, but with "and status != closed" - that usually indicates this case.

hrzadnn October 16, 2014

YES, it worked! So many many thanks, @Nic Brough !!

hrzadnn October 16, 2014

And also thank you for your answer, @Ollie !

Suggest an answer