How to mix two projects in a single Board, filtered by epic

Juanjo Lull June 28, 2016

Hi all,

I basically want to show a board with two projects, showing only issues that belong to one epic for each project.

I found this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-resources/jira-agile-faq/how-do-i-get-a-board-to-point-to-multiple-projects

However, the simplest option (creating a board from 2 projects) shows a weird Kanban board: I cannot see a User History with sub-tasks, but it's all a mess. Some sub-tasks appear below their parents but others appear alone and the Pending / In progress / Done columns are all messed up.

I also tried creating the board by creating a filter, with this very good info:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/177329

However, with any JQL query I have tried, all sub-tasks and issues appear disorderedly.

This is what I see if I mix projects:

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 10.25.34.png

And this is what I see if I don't mix them, for any board:

Screen_Shot_2016-06-29_at_10_27_17.png

3 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

JQLTricks adds the "issuesWhereEpicIn" function which would return your Sub-Tasks.

Project in (ProjA, ProjB) AND ("Epic Link" = XXX-### OR parent in issuesWhereEpicIn("key=XXX-###"))

Does that show the Board in an orderly fashion? Or are all issues mixed with that solution?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

What is an "orderly fashion" to you? That phrase means nothing to me unfortunately. 

Well, that was my initial question: 

the simplest option (creating a board from 2 projects) shows a weird Kanban board
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2016

Do the projects have different workflows, different statuses? That could explain the oddities in columns. 

Are both the parent AND the subtask visible on the board? Then they will appear under the parent or under a parent "tag."

Again, I don't really understand the issue, perhaps an example or screenshot would help me out.

I've uploaded images to the question. They have the same workflow scheme.

I hope the new pictures clarify my problem.

0 votes

Hi,

I run JIRA Server and have no add-ons. Any add-ons that did the work would be more than welcome...

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2016

Do you use JIRA Cloud or do you have JIRA Server? Do you have any JQL add-ons like JQL tricks or Script Runner?

Suggest an answer