How to mirror a project in JIRA?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

I need to mirror one project its isues, components, versions etc to a new project. what is the best way of doing it?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

Do you mean a one time copy? A scheduled copy/update? One way or both ways? Do you need to preserve issue id numbers? Is the mirrored project in the same JIRA instance.

JIRA Command Line Interface has some enablers for doing some of this using actions like cloneIssues , copyComponents , copyVersions .

CLI Plugin for JIRA may also have some enablers that would help.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

Yes i mean it is a one time copy of entire project. Issue id number should preserve with the new project key. Can you please suggest a best way for doing that? I want to replicate the whole project along with issues, components, versions etc.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

cloneProject will do most of what you want. It doesn't support keeping issue id numbers, but I have done that before using a CLI script and it could probably be added as an option - create an issue . Essentially it means creating and then deleting an issue to fill any holes in the sequence of issue id numbers.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

Script runner plugin has a Copy Project built-in script. You can probably use that.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-CopyProject

Suggest an answer