How to minimize workflow transition screen?

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2014

Hi everybody,

is it possible to minimize a transition screen?

When transition screen appears, user cannot move it, drag it etc so if you need to see something on issue has to cancel the transition.

If you cancel the transition you loose everything that you might have typed.

There is also the workaround to open transition screen on new tab, but then you have to switch browser tabs all the time.

Thanx in advance.

2 answers

1 vote
angel February 19, 2014

Kostas,

I understand your motive for asking this, but the idea of modal forms is to get the attention of the user and cannot be minimized or loose focus.

https://developer.atlassian.com/design/1.3/dialogs/modal-dialog/

Modal dialogs are used to get a response from a user, to reveal critical information that cannot be ignored, or to show data without losing the overall context of a page. Interactions on the main page must wait for the dialog to close.

Cheers.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2014

Yes, but I think Kostas don't want the dialog to be not modal. He wants to look at (not modify) the issue behind the dialog. The ability to move or minimize the dialog would be nice.

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2014

Hey guys,

thanx for the feedback.

@Aggelos, your link clarified how dialogs work. With this configuration the only workaround is to use javascript, but this is something i want to avoid.

@Henning, that's exactly what i want. I just want info from issue. No edits, transitions etc.

0 votes
Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2014

Trick is to create a Javascript button element under one of the transition screen's description.

Javascript code will hide the dialog;

document.getElementsByClassName('jira-dialog-open')[0].style.display = 'none';
document.getElementsByClassName('aui-blanket')[0].style.display = 'none';

If you can develop this further (to create a 'Maximize' button on-the-fly), it will be working fine. But you will need a lot of effort to make sure that things won't go wrong with UI.

Suggest an answer