How to migrate a particular release data from ALM to JIRA

ANILKUMAR THUMMA August 2, 2017

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to create migrattion tool for one release data from ALM to JIRA. Kindly help me here, how to start as i am new to JIRA.

Regards,

Anilkumar Thumma

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

There's too little information here to give you much.

What is ALM (there's loads of tools out there with that in their name), what are you trying to import, and how do you want to do it?  Push or pull?

ANILKUMAR THUMMA August 11, 2017

Hi Nic,

HP Application Lifecycle Management (HP ALM) is a set of software tools developed and marketed by the HP Software Division of Hewlett Packard Enterprise for application development and testing.

We are palnning for create a utility which will migrate the data(Test Plan, Test Requirements and Defects) present in the ALM to JIRA. Kindly help me is there any approach availalble to start with.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Anilkumar Thumma

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2017

Ok, a migration off HP ALM is always a good move.

There are a couple of options.  You could look into the "connectors" in the marketplace - although they might not bring across everything you want.

The other option is to write something that pushes data into JIRA over the REST interface

Suggest an answer