• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to map option IDs for drop down select field ?

Hi Team,
I have one drop down custom select field with options "A", "B", "C". If I create a context and set the values same "A", "B" , "C". Now, create one issue. After if I delete the context of field the selected drop down value become to none.

Is there any mapping so that values be remained as selected from context. 

How can we map option IDs of default option values with context option values ?

Thanks! 

2 answers

Hi Narendra,

After deleting the context of a Custom Filed the selected drop down value become to none.

The best practice is to Export CSV all the issue so the value will be keep.

0 votes

No.  If you remove the underlying option from a field, it cannot hold that value any more, because it's not there.

If you looked in the database, you would see (a much more complex version of) this:

Issue has a field.  Field contains a value.  That value is the key of an option.  If you want to see the option, you look up its name in the option table.

If you delete an option, there's nothing to look up, so the field is broken.  Jira avoids the break by removing invalid values

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you