How to map option IDs for drop down select field ?

Narendra Kumar January 23, 2020

Hi Team,
I have one drop down custom select field with options "A", "B", "C". If I create a context and set the values same "A", "B" , "C". Now, create one issue. After if I delete the context of field the selected drop down value become to none.

Is there any mapping so that values be remained as selected from context. 

How can we map option IDs of default option values with context option values ?

Thanks! 

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

No.  If you remove the underlying option from a field, it cannot hold that value any more, because it's not there.

If you looked in the database, you would see (a much more complex version of) this:

Issue has a field.  Field contains a value.  That value is the key of an option.  If you want to see the option, you look up its name in the option table.

If you delete an option, there's nothing to look up, so the field is broken.  Jira avoids the break by removing invalid values

0 votes
Cristian Ionescu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

Hi Narendra,

After deleting the context of a Custom Filed the selected drop down value become to none.

The best practice is to Export CSV all the issue so the value will be keep.

Suggest an answer