How to map bitbucket users to jira users

paranaix September 26, 2013

Hello,

We run a private JIRA instance and use a bitbucket repository. Commits are propagated to JIRA by the DVCS Connector addon.

The problem:

JIRA is unable to link/map my bitbucket user to my JIRA user. So whereas issues created by my account appear as "created by [NAME] [SURNAME]" in the Activity Log, my commits appear as "created by [NAME] [SURNAME] - [USERNAME]" and dont refer to my JIRA account but to my bitbucket account when clicking on them. Those commits also do not appear on my personal Activity Log and smart commits dont work too.

I already made sure that my JIRA email matchs the primary email of my bitbucket account and the email I use when doing commits. The problem still persists though.

4 answers

1 vote
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013
0 votes
David Muir August 27, 2015

I think I've solved the problem in my own situation. I had multiple user accounts using my email address in Jira. Once I'd gotten rid of those, smart commits started working... But the commits still show up as being from my Bitbucket user, not my Jira user, which is the issue the OP describes.

0 votes
David Muir August 25, 2015

So in other words, smart commits don't work yet with Bitbucket repos?

0 votes
Eric Vidana October 7, 2013

Matching email address is part of the process. If you have OnDemand, you will need to follow this process as well: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Linking+a+bitbucket+or+GitHub+repository+with+JIRA+OnDemand

Wouter Schut January 13, 2015

Page Not Found

Suggest an answer