How to map bitbucket users to jira users

Hello,

We run a private JIRA instance and use a bitbucket repository. Commits are propagated to JIRA by the DVCS Connector addon.

The problem:

JIRA is unable to link/map my bitbucket user to my JIRA user. So whereas issues created by my account appear as "created by [NAME] [SURNAME]" in the Activity Log, my commits appear as "created by [NAME] [SURNAME] - [USERNAME]" and dont refer to my JIRA account but to my bitbucket account when clicking on them. Those commits also do not appear on my personal Activity Log and smart commits dont work too.

I already made sure that my JIRA email matchs the primary email of my bitbucket account and the email I use when doing commits. The problem still persists though.

4 answers

Matching email address is part of the process. If you have OnDemand, you will need to follow this process as well: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Linking+a+bitbucket+or+GitHub+repository+with+JIRA+OnDemand

Page Not Found

So in other words, smart commits don't work yet with Bitbucket repos?

I think I've solved the problem in my own situation. I had multiple user accounts using my email address in Jira. Once I'd gotten rid of those, smart commits started working... But the commits still show up as being from my Bitbucket user, not my Jira user, which is the issue the OP describes.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

38 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you