How to manage the users department in JIRA?

Hello,

im trying to change our JIRA User Management.

Today we synchronize our JIRA User DB with an MS AD but manage the user-groups manually in JIRA. Every user in the AD ist part of an organizational unit which shows  their assignment to a department. We dont have an AD group which shows the users department!

Is it possible to bring the department of an user into JIRA? On way could be the configuration of one AD-Connection for each OU and filter with them. But I dont think, thats a good way. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer
Pedro Cora Atlassian Team Jul 20, 2015

Hi Julian,

I believe that the best and easiest way would be to create groups on Active Directory and synchronise those groups to JIRA, this way, you could bring the membership information.

Because even if you bring all users in different connectors, you will need some group or role scheme in JIRA to be able to differentiate the users.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,938 views 19 22
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you