How to manage release of multiple projects in Greenhopper?

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2013

We have 6 projects that are on weekly sprints and are managed in JIRA/GH. After every 4 sprints we have one release which is combined of all the projects. How could one manage the release in GH in this scenario?

Thanks in advance for ideas and suggestions.

Nashmarkt

3 answers

0 votes
Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2013

We use Scrum.

0 votes
Andre Brissette April 8, 2013

For my part I do not try to manage releases or versions in GH itself but only in JIRA using the version field.

Actually we have 3 projects for our product (ios, android and server) and are running the 3 sprints (We use Scrum) in parrallel.

When we want to make a release we create a version in JIRA and assign to it all Stories that have been completed in previous Sprints.

Doing so I end up with a jira version in each projects. I don't know if its ok for you but I find it useful that way because I can easily see what have been delivered within a specific project for one release.

At the end I send a single email as release note where I copy paste the release notes of all 3 projects.

hope it help

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2013

Let me try that. I will let you know.

0 votes
John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2013

Are you using SCRUM or Kanban?

Suggest an answer