How to manage little projects with Jira service Desk

mfrancesch September 9, 2019

Hello ,
We are starting to work with Jira Service Desk, and I have a doubt,

There are many incidents in my company, which without being a PROBLEM, are like small projects.

I don't know if I have a way to relate and concatenate these tikets or if I have to open independent projects every time ,  

Thank you.

Example: You have to migrate several applications from one server to another, This are several related tickets ..

How can i manage this ?

Thanks

Miquel

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2019

For my IT team we use JSD to manage issues but we use JSW for IT projects. We create a single Project for IT (PIT) and we use Epics for each project that will consist of many tasks or stories.

Thnks Jack,

Yes , this option is probably the best but we are little team , and not sure if pay and administrate the two enviroments is possible right now.

Probably in the future , we reconsider this but first we need to grow .

Thanks.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2019

While I prefer JSW for the projects you certainly could also use JSD. I would likely create a separate JSD project though and a unique issue type and use sub-tasks.

Like mfrancesch likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2019

Hello,
There are several options for the development of this case:

1) Categorize your typical applications and create a request tree for users on the Service Desk. Then you will create tasks with the same name and it will be easier to search for them.
2) After creating issues that are interconnected, in manual mode, you can relate them with existing tasks. Thus there will be a whole network of tasks that are interconnected. You can perform any, the status of the relates will be visible
3) Install an plugin Automation for Jira. In it, you can configure automation rules that will create relates with the same type, or that bind or even collapse containing certain words in the title/description for convenience. There you can also set up automatic closing / moving tasks when you closed / moved a related task

Hi  Yevhen , thanks for the answer.

We probably begin with  option 2 and we will test the automation plugin just to evaluate the learning path.

Thank You

Suggest an answer