How to manage a email poll

Marcos Sciarra June 3, 2015

Dear All,

I want to send a poll to the reporter of an issue when the issue is resolved.
The poll is about 3 questions that could be answered within 4 possible values.

When the reporter send the email to JIRA with his/her answer, I want to set those 3 answer for each question (where each one could have a Custom Field associated), and transition the issue from resolved to closed.

Do you have a way to do this using the Email This Issue plugin or any other?

Kind regards,

Marcos

1 answer

0 votes
no_longer_in_sudoers_file
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2015

If you go to the Atlassian Marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?q=notification) and look at the notification plugins, that is a great place to start.  I'm not sure if any of those plugins are an exact match for what you are looking for but it might be worth starting there just to keep from reinventing the wheel.

In the past, before I joined Atlassian, I worked for a startup that had survey emails go out from JIRA.  When the ticket was closed, we had JIRA send a notification to a middleware service I build that queued up the emails for a specific time period then forwarded them to an email delivery service (e.g. Mandrill or MailChimp) and from there to the customers.

You could probably get away with building a plugin for your specific needs if you wanted to as well.  I would probably go for a Connect Plugin as opposed to the P2 Plugins, though.  Connect gives you the ability to work in most any language (not just Java) and to build a service outside your JIRA instance for these surveys.  Had I known about Connect before joining Atlassian, I would have used that technology to do mine.

Hopefully this helps.

--Sam

Suggest an answer