I have a JIRA instance connected to AD and what happens in day to day work is that some employees stop being employees and their AD account is disabled.
JIRA will in turn change all "user" fields to their AD username, but when I try to modify those issues it always stops because that user does not exist in the system.
Only solution I have found is to reassign those issues to an active user. What other options do I have?
I found a solution (sortof)
During the laste upgrade of JIRA it imported the users again to populate the user fields, this user had been disabled at that time so he was not a part of the AD sync schedule filter and therefor was not imported. To fix this I had to enable the account, run a sync again and then disable it. Now the user shows up and issues can be modified.
Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG