How to manage JIRA issues where a disabled user is taking part?

I have a JIRA instance connected to AD and what happens in day to day work is that some employees stop being employees and their AD account is disabled.

JIRA will in turn change all "user" fields to their AD username, but when I try to modify those issues it always stops because that user does not exist in the system.

Only solution I have found is to reassign those issues to an active user. What other options do I have?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I found a solution (sortof)

During the laste upgrade of JIRA it imported the users again to populate the user fields, this user had been disabled at that time so he was not a part of the AD sync schedule filter and therefor was not imported. To fix this I had to enable the account, run a sync again and then disable it. Now the user shows up and issues can be modified.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Elvar,

We are doing the same.

Re-assign is the best solution.

For me, this have to be a part of the de-active user process (popup window with a warning)

Regards,

Sven.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 5 hours ago in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

23 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you