How to make the jira import and export csv functionality public to all the users?

jayasingh September 27, 2012

We want to develop a import and export csv plugin that will allow all the users in the jira to use this functionality. Currently jira have provided this functionality only to admin users. we want to make this functionality public. Let me know the steps where i want to start with.

3 answers

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2012

By default export is allowed to all users who have read access to issues but import is only allowed to system admins.

I see your question is related to ondemand I don't think you would be able to that level of customization to ondemand.

If you are looking do it in jira standalone or you installation you can look at Jira importers plugin code that would be a good starting point.

jayasingh September 27, 2012

Thanks Vishwajeet

I am trying to have the importer functionality for standalone jira. I am not getting how the access can be provided to all user instead of only to admin.

Request you to please suggest some documents.

Thanks,

Jayasingh

Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2012

As Harry Chan suggested it's not a good idea to expose the admin functions to all users, if you are certain what you are trying to do is right than you need to learn jira plugin development, you can start with same here https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Plugin+Guide

Link to current jira importers plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-importers-plugin

You would need a way to extend the above plugin and provide the functionality to all users.

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2012

I see a duplicate question, are you sure about the tags which you have applied to this question ?

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2012

Hi, OnDemand doesn't allow custom plugins installed. It's a restricted function. Putting that aside, would this be a good idea? The reason it's an admin function is because it could cause a lot of potential problems.

What problem are you trying to solve exactly? I'm not sure if exposing this admin function would be a good idea.

Suggest an answer