How to make suggestions

Jens Kisters __SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

Hi,

i just wanted to suggest an improvement to the Jira REST API,

so i went to support.atlassian.com and picked "Suggestion",

this took me here:

Unbenannt.PNG

This takes me to the public Jira but i cant create issues there.

So how do i make a suggestion?

Cheers

Jens

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2017

Hi Jens,

The https://jira.atlassian.com is actually the correct site to use in order to file a new feature request.    And you actually can create an issue type of Suggestion there.

However you cannot create a bug report on that same project at this time.   The ability to create Bug issue types is restricted to Atlassians and a few 'grand-fathered' users back from a time when we allowed any user to create bugs on this tracker.

I could see how if you tried to create an issue of type Bug there, you would get some sort of permission denied error.   However I just tested this with an external account and I was able to create a new issue of type "suggestion" to the JRASERVER project using my gmail account.

This tracker is used for lots of different projects, so it's important to make sure that you select the correct project for the feature you want to see.   The major differences in Jira are going to be platform (server or cloud) and then which Jira product (Core, Software, or Service Desk are the primary ones).    So if you want to suggest some new REST API functionality to Jira Core, I would recommend using either the JRASERVER or JRACLOUD projects depending on which platform you would like to see this on.

Please let me know if you run into any problems with this.

Andy

Jens Kisters __SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

Hi Andy,

i checked again and the create button is now working,

it was not there the last time i checked, even though i was logged in.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer