How to make "has Epic" relation appear under "Issue Links"

Florian Zink September 4, 2013

Hi All,

our users are confused because the Epics that are linked to Stories through the "has Epic" "is Epic of" relation are not shown under the "Issue Links" section, but rather under the "Agile" section.

Now my question is: Is it possible to configure JIRA in a way that those special links are also shown under the "Issue Links" section? Also, why are they not shown in this section by default?

Thanks in advance.

BR

Florian

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2013

Yes, it's a "special" greenhopper link.

Link types have a style, eg subtask links, greenhopper links, and then the other types that you see on the Issue Linking admin screen. Only the links with no style attribute are shown in the issue links section.

You could make it show them, but you'd have to do a small amount of jira hacking - probably quite a simple change.

0 votes

Thanks for the information Jamie!

I will talk to our users and see if they can live with this situation :)

0 votes

Ok I took a screenshot.

Normally, if you create a link from an issue to another, you can select what type of link it is (is required, is blocked, related to...) and afterwards the linked issue appears in the "Issue Links" section. Like in this example AXC-5920 appears as "requires" in the "Issue Links" section.

However, as you can see the AXC-5919 issue also has an "has Epic" relation to the epic "NG - Tags - Complete". But this relation is shown either in the top of the view screen, or under the "Agile" section (see the "Manual Creation" epic). In any case, this Epic does not appear under the "Issue Links" section, where the users expect it to be.

So, how can I make it appear also under the "Issue Links" section, and why is it now shown there by default? Is it because it is a special greenhopper link or anything?

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2013

I'm a bit confused, do you mean you want something like in the image in this page?

Suggest an answer