How to make jira site alive

Deleted user November 21, 2017

There should be some documentations around , but unfortunately I didn't get any or know it whereabouts, so please advise if you have experience based on your JIRA site maintenance: 

first of all - 

What should I do, as JIRA Admin, to make jira site alive if somehow it is not available to our end users ?  troubleshooting approach ? 

jira site sitting on linux ; database mysql (on separate server); root access to both available, but not sure about database level access

second -

what kind of backup I should do after the site back to normal ?  on which level , database level or just on jira admin level ?  

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2017

Jira can stop for many reasons, but all of them should be exceptions, and they should all be investigated and fixed, not just automatically restarted without looking to see what went wrong.

Monitor it reactively, and if it reports a failure, check what the problem is so you know how to fix and restart.

Deleted user November 22, 2017

Thank you, Nic, but how to monitor since it is 'down' ? I just want to bring it back on if possible.

any other advice for my first and second 'headache' please ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2017

To answer the "make it alive" question literally:  "(re)start the Jira service".

The problem with that is that if you don't know why it stopped, you have no idea if that might work.  So it's a useless answer, because if the problem is severe, Jira will just stop again.

The "troubleshooting approach" is "investigate why it died, and respond accordingly".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events